Contact Point – Edinburgh
Our Edinburgh service offers emotional, social and practical support to adults who are vulnerable and who feel isolated.
Find out more about the centre below, including opening hours and services provided.
- help people understand how their own and other people’s mental health can be improved
- provide an informal service which meets the needs of individuals and groups by encouraging social opportunities and one-to-one support
- help people give and receive support by drawing on their life experiences and ways they have managed their own mental health
- being open to learning from service users’ own life experiences
- encourage service users to use and visit sports and leisure centres, museums, galleries, cafes and take part in local walks and lifelong learning
- encourage service users to have a say in how we run the service.
Opening times and services
|Drop-in||Art group||Games group||Walking group||Taster sessions||Swimming group||Wellbeing group/|
|Mixed media night||Open day|
|Monday||2pm - 8pm|
2:30pm - 4:30pm
6:30pm - 7.30pm
11am - 12.30pm
2pm - 4pm
10.30am - 4.30pm
11am - 2pm
3pm - 4pm
2pm - 8pm
6.30pm - 7.30pm
2.30pm - 4.30pm
|Sunday||11am - 4pm|
How we work
- staff are offered new learning opportunities to help meet National Care Standards and the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers.
- volunteers are offered positive work experience
- we help prevent people from becoming isolated
- we get back quickly and professionally to enquiries and referrals
- we have an effective complaints procedure
- policies and procedures from agencies are available to workers and service users
- we work closely with voluntary and statutory agencies
- we manage changes to the services.