Do you have a question you want to ask?

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to see if we can answer your question right here.
Our FAQs are grouped together in sections to make it easier for you.

How do I apply for a home?

Check out our 'Find a home' section which lets you know about how to apply.

Where do I get a housing application form?

Please check our Find a home section for details about individual areas. Our new online housing information, advice and letting service, MyHousing, allows you to fill in your details online. After you have answered a few questions, you will receive your Housing Options plan. If, after this, you decide to go ahead and apply you will be asked to register.

What is a mutual exchange?

A mutual exchange means swapping your home with another tenant from a housing association, housing co-op or local council.

You must not move home until you have permission in writing to go ahead with the exchange from Barony and the other housing owner and you have signed the Tenancy Agreement for your new home.

How do I arrange a mutual exchange?

We are registered with two exchange providers who help tenants find someone to swap with. Register for free with:

Depending on which area, you can also apply for a mutual exchange through our new housing information, advice and letting service, MyHousing.

How do I report a repair?

Report repairs on My Barony. Don't have an account yet? Sign up for My Barony. It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes. You can also call us on 0345 140 7777.

Do I need to carry out some repairs?

Yes. It’s up to you to do small repairs around the home, including replacing:

  • plugs
  • toilet seats
  • cooker filters
  • lost keys
  • smoke alarm batteries.

When will my repair be carried out?

It depends on the repair. When you report your repair we'll let you know of the timescales for the work to be carried out.

When is my rent due?

Rent is due every four weeks. You can choose to pay each week, fortnight, four-weekly or monthly or you may have an agreed arrangement with your housing officer. It’s up to you.

Our rent calendar shows you when rent is due.

I am struggling to pay my rent. What do I do?

Speak to your housing officer as soon as you can. Your housing officer has a range of support services to get you back on track.

How do I pay my rent?

You can pay your rent online, by direct debit or over the phone.

Can I speak to my housing officer?

When you call us on 0345 140 7777 our staff will do their best to help and answer any questions. If you still wish to speak to your housing officer then we can arrange for a call back.

How do I report anti-social behaviour?

Check out our 'Reporting anti-social behaviour' section for details.

Can I make major alterations to my home?

You must get approval before making any changes. Get in touch with us as soon as possible using our online form.

You can also speak to your housing officer or call us.